I am delighted to work with a group of outstanding faculty members poised to use our clinical experience to train our next generation of nurse practitioner students.
Tracie Kirkland has over 20 years of experience as a nurse practitioner. She has been a registered nurse for over 25 years. Her clinical and research interests include providing chronic disease and acute disease management throughout the continuum of care. She enjoys working collaboratively with faculty members in training the next generation of nurse practitioner students. She has worked in a variety of clinical areas in several geographic regions.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Hampton University
- Master of Science, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Post Master’s, Adult/Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Texas Christian University
NURS 507 Theory: Clinical Management of the Childbearing/Childrearing Family
- Capstone: The Role of APRNs in Screening for Prediabetes
- Co-Principal Investigator. To assess the effect of hydration state on glucose regulation in people with type 2 diabetes (T2DM)
Tao, X., Chenoweth, D., Alfriend, A.S., Baron, D.M., Kirkland, T.W., Scherb, J. & Bernacki, E.J. (2009). Monitoring worksite clinic performance using a cost-benefit tool. American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
White Paper: Collaborative article, The Doctor of Nursing Practice Nurse Practitioner Clinical Scholar (2016). The National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties.
Scholarship: Poster and abstract presenter at several national conferences.
- National Organization Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- Southern Nursing Research Society, Minority Research Interest Group Chair
- Community Service Award, University of Arkansas Eleanor Mann School of Nursing, 2014: Community worker with establishment of health care to homeless veterans and others in the northwest Arkansas community
- Volunteer health provider in the community at health fairs
- Diabetes/prediabetes in workplace settings
- Advanced diabetes management
- More than 20 years of expertise in a variety of clinical practices, e.g., family practice, occupational health, retail health and internal medicine
« BACK TO FACULTY