To apply to the Nursing@USC program, you must meet these requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university
- At least a 3.0 grade point average in your BSN program
- Completion of a 3-credit course in statistics (with a grade of C or better)
- Must be a U.S.-licensed registered nurse (RN) and reside within the United States upon application and throughout the duration of the program
- One year of clinical experience
To apply to the Nursing@USC program, you must submit the following:
You can access the online application here. You must also submit a non-refundable application fee of $90.
Upload your resume or curriculum vitae highlighting relevant work and volunteer experience to the online application.
Sealed official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended, including any community college coursework, must be sent to:
Application Processing Services
7900 Harkins Road
Lanham, MD 20706
Many schools issue transcripts electronically, either through their own web services or through vendors. If this option is available through the institutions you attended, please specify that your transcript(s) be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as this will expedite the delivery of your transcript(s) and the completion of your application.
We recommend a sense of urgency when requesting transcripts from your university as the turnaround time can vary from school to school.
Please note that graduate coursework at USC is viewed cumulatively. This means that if you have prior coursework at USC that falls below a 3.0 GPA, it will be calculated into your overall USC graduate GPA and you may be on academic probation until your overall USC graduate GPA rises to a 3.0. For more information, please see the USC Student Handbook.
Upload a personal statement to the online application. Your statement should address your personal and professional experiences, why Nursing@USC is the best fit for you, and how the program will help you meet your career and educational goals. The statement must be one to two pages, double-spaced.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation from professional references are required. You should request recommendations from those who can speak to your professional and academic readiness to attend a rigorous graduate program. These recommenders must be:
- A clinical supervisor or nurse manager who directly supervised you in a clinical setting;
- A professor, faculty member or academic advisor who can provide meaningful input regarding your academic record;
- A practicing advanced practice nurse (APRN) who has served as a mentor or whom you have shadowed, preferably in the APRN role to which you are applying.
You are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores if your native language is not English.
GRE scores are not required.
Policy on Background Checks and Disclosure
Review the Policy on Background Checks and Disclosure, then on the application check the box confirming that you read the memo.
If you have questions about applying to Nursing@USC, contact an admissions counselor at
Phone Number: 844-487-2676 .