Nursing@USC students are able to utilize loans and scholarships to fund their education. Loans are administered by the USC Financial Aid Office. Through the USC Financial Aid Office, you can find more information about Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness and the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program.
Department of Nursing Scholarships
In addition to loan programs administered by the Financial Aid Office, the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work Department of Nursing provides scholarship resources. Incoming students will be sent a scholarship application shortly after the admission application deadline.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Students eligible for the Post-911 G.I. Bill who meet the specified criteria can earn tuition awards of up to $20,000 through a matched scholarship program with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. For more information about receiving Yellow Ribbon or other VA Benefits, please visit the USC Office of Academic Records and Registrar.
For questions about the scholarship programs, please find information about contacting us here.
Nursing Industry Scholarships
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Scholarship
Amount: $1,000 to $3,000
Description: This is for master's in nursing students. Eligibility varies according to award, though all require applicants to be nurse practitioners, AANP members and U.S. citizens.
After College/AACN Nursing Scholarship Program
Description: Students may be seeking an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree in nursing. Priority is given to students in a graduate program with the goal of becoming a nurse educator; students completing an RN-to-BSN or RN-to-MSN program; and those enrolled in an accelerated program.
The Nurses' Float Scholarship Fund Graduate
Description: This scholarship is for BSN to MSN students. A 3.0 GPA is required.
University Scholarships and Fellowships
Many USC-affiliated organizations offer competitive scholarships to qualifying students who demonstrate merit, financial need, and campus and community involvement.
- Norman Topping Student Aid Fund
- USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association Scholarship
- USC Black Alumni Association Scholarship
- USC Lambda LGBT Alumni Association Scholarship
- USC Latino Alumni Association Scholarship
- USC Graduate School Scholarship Opportunities
- Town and Gown Scholarships
- University Staff Club Graduate Scholarships
Professional Organization and Foundation Resources
This is a partial listing of scholarship funds available to social work and graduate-level students, some of which promote community building, social justice and other social work-related ideas.
- American Association of University Women
- Council on Social Work Education
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund
- National Association of Social Workers Foundation
- The Point Foundation
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Program
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment
- National Institutes of Health
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Additionally, you should consult other financial aid sources through local libraries, online search engines, federal agencies, private foundations and organizations.
Request information about Nursing@USC or speak with an admissions counselor at 844-487-2676 or via email.